Living in a bubble
I love The Kite Runner. I love it so much that my housemate even lent me her dvd copy (bootlegged, of course). Upon my ecstatic recommendation, she even wants to buy the book. I love it so much that I spent several hours reading about the book and the movie on the Internet. I read reviews and synopsis for both the book and the movie. Yet, I never watched the movie nor will I ever read the book.
It may be weird that as much as I loved the premise of the movie and the book, I really cannot spare any more emotions on a very sad story. I know it has a bittersweet ending. I know that the ending isn't so bad but the journey through it all is just utterly sad. I know how neurotic it may seem because it is just a story, albeit a very sad one. Yet, I also know myself and I know I would really get affected by the story if I watch the movie or read the book. I want to spare myself of unnecessary pain. I don't need or want anymore pain in my heart. I carry in my heart too much pain and sadness already. If forgoing the pleasure of reading the book or watching the movie that I really love would spare me the pain and sadness, then I will just erase from my memory the story of The Kite Runner.
How I wish I could live in a bubble and erase from my memory any pain or hurt or sadness that I felt. It would be nice not to feel pain and not to cause pain to others. It would definitely be easier if I don't get hurt by others. I know the cliche and I somewhat believe it too.. what doesn't kill us will make us stronger.. but it definitely makes us far sadder than before.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home