Bitten by the Blog Bug
I never really did like the idea of writing blogs. I usually start one post and then forget the blog link the next day. It seemed to me as a complete waste of time and words. After all, who would actually want to read about a totally insignificant day in a stranger's life. Another reason why I didn't like blogs is that it would give your frenemies (friends / enemies) ammunition against you and most of the time, the posts are whiny and a tad pretentious.
Yet after writing my first ever kinda sensible friendster blog post, I spent the next day contemplating about what I was going to write next. In a way, it was exciting to think that other people might post a comment, and I could lambast them for not agreeing with me. On a brighter note, writing blogs might as well serve as an exercise in polishing my writing skills. I promised to myself that I shall never write a blog in the vernacular language. Now, I think I sound as pompous as those bloggers that I have criticized before.
I must admit I am having fun in writing this second post and I am eagerly awaiting the first comment that I will receive, good or bad. I just don't know if my ego can take a beating.
Yet after writing my first ever kinda sensible friendster blog post, I spent the next day contemplating about what I was going to write next. In a way, it was exciting to think that other people might post a comment, and I could lambast them for not agreeing with me. On a brighter note, writing blogs might as well serve as an exercise in polishing my writing skills. I promised to myself that I shall never write a blog in the vernacular language. Now, I think I sound as pompous as those bloggers that I have criticized before.
I must admit I am having fun in writing this second post and I am eagerly awaiting the first comment that I will receive, good or bad. I just don't know if my ego can take a beating.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home