Hunting Job
It's 4am and I ought to get some sleep. Unfortunately, I made a promise to myself to search for job openings through the Internet. As usual, when I'm in front of the pc, I really can't get any serious work done. So here I am, finally making a blog of my own. I never really liked the idea of blogs. It's a mind-numbing activity, so much like answering the compulsory "Competencies" questions. My brain froze about an hour ago after the fifth attempt to write a decent reply to "How would you relate your key competencies to this job?". Heck, I don't even have a clear idea as to what exactly the job entails.
There are so many fancy-schmancy titles to work roles. Call center agents go by a dozen or so names; call representatives, technical support engineer, customer service representatives -- to name a few. Marketing work gets a bit tricky. You're not really sure what the actual job is if you just base it from the title. Marketing specialists, marketing assistants, marketing managers, marketing executives, and the ubiquitous accounts executive; I don't know if jobhunters are supposed to be aware what these job titles are but they all sound the same to me. Then there is the touted "difference" between marketing and sales. I, for one, am trying to avoid getting into sales, although I very much admire the people who have made it big in sales. People usually have this impression that sales work automatically means direct sales. Companies who offer marketing jobs usually have sales quota to maintain. No big difference, right? It would seem that companies are trying to trap jobseekers into jobs that only a few people in their sane mind would actually want to do so companies just cover it with a nice-sounding label.
I know I'm barely making sense here (if I am making sense at all). People have been job-hunting as early as when the cavemen learned to delegate tasks. After all this time, surely the humans must have finally caught that darned Job.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home